Steve Beyer has doctorates in religious studies and in psychology. He has been a university professor, lawyer, wilderness guide, and peacemaker. He has studied both wilderness survival and the indigenous cultures of North and South America. He has studied sacred plant medicine with traditional herbalists in North America and with ayahuasqueros in the Upper Amazon, where he received coronación by banco ayahuasquero don Roberto Acho Jurama. He has worked with ayahuasca and other sacred plants in the Amazon, peyote in ceremonies of the Native American Church, and huachuma in Peruvian mesa rituals. He has served as an editor of the Journal of Shamanic Practice, and is currently completing a book on shamanism, sorcery, and plant medicine in the Upper Amazon.
Posts by Steve Beyer:
- Traveling Safely to Drink Ayahuasca
- Jan Irvin Talks with Steve Beyer
- Howard Charing Talks with Steve Beyer
- Ayahuasca and Transformation
- A New Book on Ayahuasca Shamanism
- Ayahuasca and Mental Health Among the Shuar
- Some Thoughts on DMT Art
- Ayahuasca: Peruvian National Cultural Heritage
- Ayahuasca in the Upper Amazon: A Very Basic Introduction
- Plants and Spirits
- What Are Spirits?
- Ayahuasca in the Supreme Court